This Saturday began with breakfast for guests, followed by my wedding planning duties with an Elopement in the gazebo on the Ligonier Diamond, getting caught in a rain storm. After the champagne toast to the bride and groom was over, I took my soggy self off to Greensburg to the Victorian Lady for tea which was hosted by my dear friend BarbraAnn who also presented me with a key of friendship. It was so nice to have Bill join us for “afternoon tea”, chit chat and to show off his new bare lip look. I couldn’t figure out why Bill’s upper lip was so white, then after he asked if I noticed a difference…which I did but couldn’t put my finger on it…Bill had shaved off his mustache! Ok, give me a break I am now 65 so I noticed something different but not what. I enjoyed afternoon tea, but most of all spending time with my friends.
Lisa, Anthony, & Meagan-My friends from my favorite restaurant…The Ivy Cafe gave me the most beautiful fresh flower bouquet which lasted from the 29th of August until the 24th of September. As if the floral bouquet, hugs and best wishes weren’t enough, I was invited to birthday brunch at The Ivy on Sunday. I enjoyed a tasty brunch in a wonderful atmosphere…
Check out my 65th Gifts from the Gang at Carol & Dave’s Roadhouse. I promised to visit the Roadhouse on my birthday…My plan was to arrive at 7-well I got delayed as I was watching the Kennedy funeral which was running very late into the evening. In the final moments of the funeral my phone rang-I see it is Carol and Dave’s calling. I answer, “I am on my way”-so I hurried out to the Roadhouse. Just as I parked my phone rang so I was chatting as I rushed in, then Carol says, “Did you see your name on the sign, I thought people would call to tell you”. I ran back out to see the big lit sign stating-WISH PATTY CAMPBELL A HAPPY BDAY. Ok right off I knew why I didn’t get calls as I am Patt i, not Patt y, so most people wouldn’t think it was me. By the way I have legally changed my name to Patti with an i, no more Patricia. Ok I hustle up to the bar and before I can order a drink I was presented a birthday bag…gifts for the elderly or in my case a young 65. Ok I am egotistical! I really got a kick out of my gifts as well as many laughs from all the other people in the bar.
The first item I pulled out of the bag was a house dress, just what I need to wear at breakfast after a rough night of drinking and eatting at the Roadhouse. A studa-bubba dress!
Here is a list of other gifts:
- A big flyswatter with a big purple flower attached. I think the flower is so I can see the swatter.
- Reading glasses. Now I can throw away the one contact I wear. Just think of the money I can save.
- Magnifying glass. This must be for those times when my arm is to short to read price tags.
- Dried Prunes. I don’t understand why I would need dried prunes…Help me!
- Gas Relief. I wonder is the gas relief to use after the prunes or after eatting at the Roadhouse!
- Denture Adhesive. Now what is this all about? Me, thinks all of the teeth in my mouth are permanent!
- Eye Mask. Now this is a puzzler! Any ideas
- Ultra Strength Muscle Rub. Now this I have put to good use for my tired old muscle’s.
- Wintergreen Lozengers. I have kissing fresh breath.
- Animal Crackers-my own personal box not to be shared with B&B guests.
- At the bottom of the goody bag…I found a bottle of Coasta Estates 2004 Pinot Noir…Cheers to Patti from the gang at Carol & Dave’s Roadhouse.
Dave felt a little left out of the birthday gifts so he graciously bestowed me with a Stick A Fly Glue Fly Trap…
Thanks to all the gang who signed my Birthday card, especially those who thought I was celebrating a 60th. A Big thank you…
After all the laughter, good wishes, photo taking I enjoyed my birthday dinner along with a few adult beverages.
I am so disappointed I couldn’t show off my studa bubba dress at breakfast the next day because I left it in my van in the garage and low and behold the garage door broke. Oh what those guests missed!